Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Election Unit for Young (or Old) Big Thinkers!

Today's ago I got this idea for an election unit... So yesterday I spent A LOT of time creating it.  The good news is.... IT'S FREE FOR A SHORT TIME on my TPT store.  Please, check it out. Use it at home or school with your young thinkers.

When I made this pack I really was thinking at first that I would making it just for kids at school.  However, the more I thought about it I realized that it could work for families too.  Granted you may not go through every piece or have your young thinkers write down research but it would provide good talking points.


For Example:  Little E has always been into elections. (Last time around he was for "The Cain" often arguing with his dad who was for O-Rock.)  But this time he heard the part in the debate where Mitt Romney mentioned getting rid of Big Bird.  Since hearing that information he has made it his mission to bring awareness to this issue. (He tells EVERYONE!)  That really struck a cord with him.   So, we have conversations around the "Big Issues" as they relate to my six year old Little E.

I have left some of the big issue pages blank so young thinkers can write in their own big issues.  Our schema determines the issues that are important to us; therefore, it is interesting to find out what interests our kids.  Kids are never too young to learn about democracy... and more importantly KIDS are never to young to THINK about BIG IDEAS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS